BUCKEYE FIREARMS: Stay up-to-date on gun laws, politics, and events. Plus get the Grassroots Action Guide FREE!
The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that the City of Cleveland Heights has repealed firearms ordinances following a lawsuit by Ohioans for Concealed Carry.
From the article:
City Council unanimously approved the measure at its Sept. 6 meeting, after the interest group filed to seek a permanent injunction against the city in mid-August for passing legislation that superceded state law. This included a ban against carrying a gun in a city park; which state law allows under its uniform gun law approved in 2006.
According to Law Director John Gibbon, a pre-trial meeting scheduled for Sept. 12 was cancelled by the court following word of council's action. OCC — which was also seeking attorney's fees in the suit — now has until Oct. 14 to file opposition to the city's motion to dismiss the suit, which had been assigned to Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge David Matia, Gibbon said.
Join me at the Second Amendment Foundation's 26th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) in Chicago this weekend!Submitted by cbaus on September 22, 2011 - 7:00am.
by Jim Irvine
For those that have not already made plans to attend our sold out Dave Grossman event this weekend, I highly recommend a trip to Chicago for the Second Amendment Foundation's 26th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC). The event is free and will be held at the airport Hyatt at the Chicago O'Hare airport.
This year's speakers include:
- Mark Walters of Armed American Radio
- Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation
- Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America
- Sandra Froman, past president of the NRA
- Massad Ayoob, Lethal Force Institute
- Alan Korwin, Bluefield press and Page Nine
- Alan Gura, lead attorney in Heller and McDonald cases
- David Cordrea, National Gun Rights Examiner columnist
- Dave Workman, Gun Week
- David Kopel, Esq., Research Director, Independence Institute
- Tom Gresham, host of Gun Talk
- Jim Irvine, Buckeye Firearms Association
For a complete list of speakers and the agenda for the weekend, click here: