In his own words: Tape of Obama calling for concealed carry ban uncovered
And for those tempted to assume he has somehow changed his position since then, remember this:
Meanwhile, the NRA is reporting that members in key presidential battleground states have informed the nation's oldest civil rights group they have received deliberately misleading phone calls from someone professing to represent the NRA, asking voters to support Barack Obama.
An NRA email alert says "this is an absolute and intentional lie."
From the email Alert:
NRA has long been on record as opposing Barack Obama, as Barack Obama has long been on record as opposing the rights of law-abiding gun owners. For example, Barack Obama:
-Voted to allow the prosecution of citizens who use a firearm for self-defense in the home (Illinois Senate, S.B. 2165. 3/25/04);
- Voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to put America's firearms industry out of business (S.397, vote 219, 7/29/05);
- Voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting (United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05);
- Supported a 500% increase in federal taxes on guns and ammunition (Chicago Defender, 12/13/99);
- Voted to ban hundreds of rifles and shotguns commonly used for hunting, including single-shot, over-under and side-by-side shotguns (Illinois Senate SB 1195, 3/13/03); and,
- Proposed restrictions that would close 90% or more of all gun stores in the U.S. (Chicago Defender, 12/13/99).
For more information on the TRUTH about Barack Obama's hostility toward the Second Amendment, please visit www.GunBanObama.com.
If you receive a call to this effect, please know that it is a deliberate attempt by Barack Obama supporters to mislead gun owners. Our opponents know that you can make the difference in this election, and they'll stop at nothing to try and deceive you!
Thank you for your support, and remember to "Vote Freedom First!" on November 4th.
Obama 'transition team' already eying method to allow government storage of gun purchase records
- 4057 reads