Ohio CCW Information Center
This Ohio CCW Information Center provides basic concealed carry reference material for Ohio Concealed Handgun License applicants and holders.
NOTE: As of June 13, 2022, when Ohio enacted permitless carry, a license is optional for a concealed handgun. Click here for details on permitless carry in Ohio.
- Ohio CCW Application Checklist - This is a step-by-step checklist to help you get your Ohio Concealed Handgun License.
- Ohio Attorney General Concealed Carry Page - This is the main page on the Attorney General's site with a complete list of available CCW resources.
- National Association of Attorneys General - Looking for an Attorney General in another state? This is a list of every state's Attorney General, along with a bio, contact information, and link to their website.
- Find a CCW instructor - This is our database of Ohio CCW instructors and firearm classes. Search by Keyword, Distance from your home ZIP Code, County, or any combination.
- Concealed Carry Manual - This booklet, which summarizes Ohio’s concealed handgun law, is required reading for all applicants for a concealed handgun license.
- Find a sheriff's office - This is where you will apply for your CCW license.
- Ohio CCW Facts - Here's a quick reference for gun safety rules, motor vehicle carry, forbidden carry zones, and more.
- Ohio CCW Reciprocity Map - See where your Ohio Concealed Handgun License is valid.
- Ohio Gun and CCW Laws - Links to the key sections of Ohio law that are related to guns and concealed carry.
- ATF Firearms Information - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provides extensive information on federal regulations.
- Second Call Defense - A membership organization that offers complete legal protection for armed self defense - recommended by Buckeye Firearms Foundation.
- Hangunlaw.us State CCW Information - This extensive online reference provides details on CCW laws for all 50 states.
- The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States - State-by-state guide for travelers who carry concealed or transport firearms.
- CCW Wallet Cards - These handy cards provide essential information for carrying a concealed handgun in Ohio.
- How to spot a concealed handgun - This detailed illustration, titled Spotting a Hidden Handgun, explains some of the visual cues that reveal when someone is carrying a handgun.
- Christianity, Guns and Self-Defense - Can you think of yourself as a survivor rather than a victim if it means thinking of yourself as a potential killer? This question goes to the heart of our core beliefs as Christians.
- Forming a Church Safety Team - This is a discussion about why church security is important in the age of mass murder and how you can form a volunteer security team in your church.