Experts Town Hall: Effective Response to Active Killer Events
Many Ohio school districts have held town halls with citizens, parents, and school staff to discuss their security concerns.
Unfortunately, few of these events have included security and safety professionals, and many issues have gone unaddressed.
Now you are invited to hear from a panel of experts on this difficult and complex topic in a unique town hall event sponsored by Buckeye Firearms Foundation.
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
5462 Center Street
Hilliard, OH 43026
This is a free event open to the public.
A panel of experts on mass public killing, active killer response, and trauma medical care will discuss what schools, churches, and businesses can do to save lives.
The panel includes professionals from the fields of law enforcement, defensive training, trauma medicine, academia, insurance and school administration.
- Mr. John Benner - Lead Instructor TDI Ohio
- Dr. Richard Caster - Former Executive Director NASRO/OSBA Safety Consultant
- Dr. Brian Skinner - Wright State School of Medicine
- Mr. Ron Borsch - Researcher from PACT Consulting group (researcher on mass public killings)
- Dep. Quinn Cunningham - Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office (responder to Arapahoe school active killer)
- Mr. Jeff Staggs - Superintendent Newcomerstown Exempted
- Mr. Scott Davis - Administrator Nashville Metropolitan School District (doctoral thesis on active killer response in schools)
- Mr. Greg Hennecke - Risk Manager Ohio School Plan Insurance group (tentative)
These experts will answer questions and hear concerns on the most effective ways to save lives should existing safety and security measures fail, including arming teachers.
There are no tickets or registration required. However, to help us plan for seating and other arrangments please let us know if you plan to attand. You're welcome to bring others with you.