Report: Obama to give presidential address on gun control
President Obama did not, as gun control extremists hoped he would, take the opportunity of a State of the Union address so closely following the attempted assassination of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona to push the issue of gun control.
Following the State of the Union address, MSNBC's Chris Matthews broke the news that Obama is planning a special address on the issue in the near future.
A White House senior adviser later confirmed the report.
And before you get too excited that the newley-elected House leadership will stop any Obama agenda dead in its tracks..."GOP to look at federal gun laws"
While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.
While he has not yet addressed the issue in the way gun control extremists hoped he would when he was elected, Obama has conducted himself as an anti-gun president, just as gun rights activists predicted he would:
- Day 1: President Obama officially declares war on your guns!
- In his own words: Tape of Obama calling for concealed carry ban uncovered
- "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns" - Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda
- President-elect Obama's Employment Application Form Demands to Know if Applicants Are "Registered" Gun Owners
- Obama continues to build anti-gun rights team: Nominates Eric Holder as AG
- Barack Obama's Chief of Staff is Sarah Brady's "go-to guy" - a "good friend" of gun control
- Obama's "Drug Czar" pick offers more proof of anti-gun agenda
- Obama's anti-gun Attorney General makes it official: Gun bans are coming
- Obama's National Park Service declares ban on use of lead ammo and sinkers in national parks!
- Obama secretly ends program that let pilots carry guns
- Department of Defense makes, then reverses decision to destroy all once-fired military brass
- President Obama's Secretary of Education rounds out anti-gun cabinet
- Pelosi: 'We want registration'; Holder: 2A won't 'stand in the way'
- And They Call Us Paranoid: Obama administration labels millions upon millions of Americans as 'rightwing extremists'
- Obama's gun control plans center on South American treaty as an end-run around the Constitution
- Obama continues trend of appointing rabid gun-haters to important administration positions
- Buckeye Firearms Association joins groups opposing Sotomayor confirmation
- Sportsman Groups Push for Sunstein Defeat
- Editorial: The feds take a shot at guns
- Will Health Care Reform Regulate Guns?
- Obama administration push for gun ban continues
- TSA forces Federal Officers to carry locked guns?
- Feds funding Ohio study that could lead to regulating shooting ranges in attempt to decrease suicide rates
- Obama backs international gun control treaty
- Obama administration's ATF Reverses Interpretation of Gun Control Act; Redefines "Transfers" of Firearms
- NRA Opposed To Kagan Nomination To U.S. Supreme Court
- Obama admin. blocks import of historical M1 rifles from South Korea; Highly collectible firearms possibly slated for destruction
- Obama reveals anti-gun U.N. intent: Sends ex-Seattle mayor as Rep
- NRA strongly opposes the nomination of Andrew Traver to head BATFE, Calls on President Obama to withdraw nomination
- ATF Overreaches Again – Threatens Rights