BuckeyeFirearms.org: Top Ten News Items of 2013
On average, we publish two articles a day and 10 to 12 articles a week. Over the years, we have published well over 9,000 articles, covering elections, legislation, and all manner of events and information of interest to Second Amendment supporters.
As content editor for BuckeyeFirearms.org, it's always interesting to look back over the year to see which articles captured the most interest. So here are the top 10 news items on our site from 2013.
- Convicted rapist organizes gun control demonstration at Dayton gun show; Media fails to note his sex offender status
- Where Has All The Ammo Gone?
- Gun confiscation already underway
- Using the .22 for Self Defense
- How to spot a concealed handgun
- Ohio firearms and concealed carry laws change Friday, September 30 - What do these improvements mean for you?
- Murder in Ohio church during Easter services "the will of Allah"
- HB495: Definition of "unloaded" gun is now fixed for all Ohioans; "No Guns" signs come down in Statehouse parking garage
- Obama's 23 Executive Orders translated from the formal bureaucratese
- House passes Ohio's Concealed Carry & Self Defense Law Reform (HB 203)
As regular readers will recall, the #1 story involved the case of one Jerome McCorry, a convicted rapist who continues to stage anti-gun protests in Dayton. The article quickly went viral, receiving over 21,000 reads in the first 24 hours, and went on to receive nearly 60,000 page views. It has also generated follow-up reporting from radio host Dana Loesch and nationally-read bloggers, including PJMedia's Instapundit and Michelle Malkin's Twitchy.com.
Already in 2014, we've broken another story which made world headlines, entitled "Newspaper conglomerate Civitas Media discusses building nationwide database of CCW licensees." Will it be among the top 10 stories of 2014? Only time will tell!
Chad D. Baus is the Buckeye Firearms Association Secretary, and BFA PAC Vice Chairman.